Restored 1958 356 Super Cabriolet
Restored 1958 Porsche 356 Super Cabriolet
This 1958 Porsche 356 Super Cabriolet, VIN 150730 was purchase at RM Sotheby's Scottsdale auction in 2020 and has been restored as follows:
- Complete bare metal restoration of the bodywork.
- The color was changed from black (originally light ivory) to Meissen Blue to compliment the excellent condition previously done interior in saddle.
- New black German canvas top and boot cover were installed.
- All rubber trim is new.
- The correct Super engine & transmission number (81438) operate flawlessly.
- The car is in perfect driving condition with flawless show quality paint.
- The bodywork was performed by one of the Southeast's best, Steve Jones of Martin's Classic Cars in Huntsville, AL -- who built the winning 1959 Outlaw at this year's Amelia Island Werks Reunion.
- Upon restoration it was decided to eliminate the US regulation bumper over riders in favor of the cleaner looking Euro style uprights. All trim is in excellent if not "as new" condition.
- The engine has been upgraded to Solex P40/II carburetors for better acceleration.
- It is beautifully detailed with all correct hardware and labels.
- Despite it's original 6 Volt system, the engine starts cold or hot easily every time.
- New Michelin XZX 165SR/15 tires have been installed on the chrome 5 ½” wheels w/flawless Super hubcaps.
- The car was lowered slightly for better handling and more aggressive stance.
- All gauges look like new and perform correctly.
- Over 900 hours went into the show quality work performed.
This is one of the best driving 356s of any year that has come through our facility. Sadly, during transport to or from auction in Scottsdale, all documentation prior to restoration was lost, however complete records of work performed since, along with a new jack and reproduction tool kit from Germany accompany the car. This is a delightful driver cruising happily at 80-90 mph or higher with no transmission whine. It steers and brakes perfectly. In its first car show at the local PCA clubs 60th anniversary it hands down won as the judge's favorite as well as 1 of 5 top prizes.
Feel free to call or text any questions 256.702.5185 or email: email@example.com
- Engine type
- Body color
- Meissen Blue
- Engine size
- 4 Speed Manual
- Seat material
- Miles Shown